Hello, my name is Hunter and I am the lead designer here at The Indie Accord. Today I am going to be sharing with you some changes related to Shadows of Her Past and how it has changed since the initial unveiling back in February. To start off, here is the “Pre-Alpha” or Reveal trailer that we launched.
Let me tell you, we at the Indie Accord have been hard at work to ensure the ultimate experience is obtained for Shadows, and we take pride in our projects and that they do sometimes take forever to release 😛
The first major change I’d like to talk about is the player model, or Hermielle. As gamers, we know that the character whom you connect with and spend the most amount of time is traditionally the main character, which is why we decided to give Hermielle a total make over. You can check out the changes below 🙂
I think our artist has done an awesome job capturing Hermielle’s elegance and authority that she will portray through our storytelling.
Hermielle’s character is not the only one to have been given a makeover. We have been hard at work ensuring that our visual style of choice remains consistent throughout the entire experience, but I can’t go and ruin all of the surprises now, can I?
In the upcoming days and weeks, we will be posting more in depth about the various aspects and systems that we have designed for Shadows. In the mean time, here is a changelog of everything we have modified between our last internal alpha to the newest version.
ALPHA 2 CHANGE LOG
- Added Chapter 3 and 4 as playable.
- Fixed the transition into Wild Steppes in Chapter 2.
- Added patches of fire into Kaepe-themed levels.
- Fixed the transition of Wild Steppes by adding lava and the Black Wall.
- Tweaked the flow of levels in Chapter 2.
- Switched Wild Steppes Pt 1 & Pt 2.
- After the Fire Golem, added a warning of the rising lava.
- Adjusted group aggravation levels.
- Added basic metric collection for gameplay analysis.
- Adjusted the end of Chapter 1 for a more engaging experience.
- Fixed level select flickering.
- Fixed various camera issues.
- Increased the damage done by lava.
- Increased the damage done by blade traps.
- Increased the damage done by all moving traps.
- Tweaked the difficulty of the later levels accordingly.
- Added a key to Wild Steppes Pt 2 to match the gate.
- Changed the Reaper Summoner mechanics. Now summons more enemies.
- Summoner’s minions no longer add to the combo counter.
- Bosses now will have a visual for taking damage.
- Increased the size of enemy spawners.
- Adjusted the health of the Lava Golem.
- Made the Grass Golem killable.
- Updated and reworked the Teleport Mechanics.
- Tweaked the visual of and the damage dealt by Lightning Arc
- Adjusted the location of spells when created.
- Fixed level display names.
- Fixed graphical user interface on levels.
- Added Chapter Descriptions for the Prologue, Chapters 1 through 4.
- Totally reworked the Ability Select Screen.
- Removed the Death Menu for instant respawn.
- Tweaked the Pause Menu for additional options
- Added a tooltip for wand descriptions.
- Added additional indicators for the combo system.
- Removed a border around abilities not selected.
- Added a directional compass to the level goal.
- Ability hover over will now display the proper spell animation.
- Adjusted the spacing between Jewel Roll button.
- Added a screen flash for when Hermielle is in contact with fire & lava.
- Fixed a bug where Hermielle would continue her path after death.
- Fixed Level Select Aliasing.
- Fixed a bug where Spectra Stats would not appear until an ability was selected.
- Fixed a bug where Oar’atan Reapers would float on death.
- Adjusted the end of the Black Wall to match the following level.
- Fixed an issue where some abilities would not properly work in various levels.
- Fixed a bug where music would not properly play.
- Fixed a bug where Hermielle’s build did not persist after a level.
- Removed the console errors in Steppes Pt 2.
- Reduced the maximum height of AStar for proper slope movement.
- Fixed an issue where the user could teleport into a solid object.
- Slight graphical tweaks to the title screen.
- Fixed an issue where Boss names were not displaying properly.
- The Movement Marker will now delete on contact with Hermielle.
Last but not least, if you think you might be interested in helping us test Shadows of Her Past, please enter your contact information in the form below! We believe 2018 to be a busy year as we push our way through a few more private tests and then on to the beta 🙂
[contact-form to=”email@example.com” subject=”SoHP Alpha Tester”][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”1″][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”1″][/contact-form]